Our entry in Super Friendship Club's "Mysticism" pageant!
NEW! VERSION 1.0
> PLAY IT NOW: Unity Web Player (3.5 mb)
> DOWNLOAD IT: Windows (11.5 mb) | OSX (10 mb, Intel only)
Control your very own cult in Colorado; brew Kool Aid, sew wallets, build PR agencies, summon amorphous capture spheres, construct monoliths and ward off those pesky FBI agents -- then run off with the money.
At it's core, it's a rather lightweight tower defense / tycoon game.
We also wanted to play with the idea of RTS buildings as narrative tools. The crazy assortment of buildings serves to characterize your cult, an amalgation of real-life cults, the Blisstonians in that one episode of the Simpsons, the cult in Strangers with Candy, and many others. There was also some light research done into how these cults percieve themselves -- to them, the word "cult" is a slur used by established organized religions to marginalize their personal practice of religious freedoms. We tried to incorporate that argument into the game as well, though of course, the silliness trumps everything.
v1.0 -- 16 October 2011
- added quality / performance toggle
- fixed a bunch of bugs
- proper standalone support now
- endings work better
- made it easier to win
v0.9 -- 2 October 2011
- initial release
Copyright 2011, Eddie Cameron and Robert Yang. To the best of our knowledge, all content in this game has been legally sourced or is legal under fair use through artistic transformation / remixing.
You may freely distribute ONLY the standalone versions however you see fit, so long as you do not directly receive money for doing so and the archive remains intact without any additional files or modification.
If you wish to include the game on an online browser game portal, please get in touch first.
CREDITS / ATTRIBUTION:
- Dodge Caravan sliding door.wav by CGEffex -- http://www.freesound.org/people/CGEffex/sounds/100771/
- Mothership loop fast.mp3 by genghis attenborough -- http://www.freesound.org/people/genghis%20attenborough/sounds/48757/
- Desert Monolith.wav by Proxima4 -- http://www.freesound.org/people/Proxima4/sounds/104319/
- helicopterMix1.mp3 by nofeedbak -- http://www.freesound.org/people/nofeedbak/sounds/41171/
- construction.flac by Corsica_S -- http://www.freesound.org/people/Corsica_S/sounds/22879/
- Sawing_02.wav by Koops -- http://www.freesound.org/people/Koops/sounds/18810/
- hammering 2.wav by cognito perceptu -- http://www.freesound.org/people/cognito%20perceptu/sounds/17012/
- 20060329.diesel.engine.flac by dobroide -- http://www.freesound.org/people/dobroide/sounds/17592/
- Fisher Price3.WAV by tombola -- http://www.freesound.org/people/tombola/sounds/49214/
- PR-Gunship by Rigz (http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/224624)
- Toyota Pickup by Truax Studio (http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/297930)
- Hummer by Stepan Prokop (http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/241058)
- Peugeot Boxer by JusTiCe8 (http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/599632)
go1dfish - Slide Attention Disorder. http://ccmixter.org/files/go1dfish/33346